Is A.A. for You
Twelve Question Only You Can Answer
1. Have you ever decided to stop drinking for a week or so, but only lasted for a couple of days.
2. Do you wish people would mind their own business about your drinking-stop telling you what to do?
3. Have you ever switched from one kind of drink to another in the hope that this would keep you from getting drunk?
4. Have you had to have an eye-opener upon awakening during the past year.
5. Do you envy people who can drink without getting into trouble?
6. Have you had problems connected with drinking during the past year?
7. Has your drinking caused trouble at home?
8. Do you ever try to get "extra drinks" at a party because you do not get enough?
9. Do you tell yourself you can stop drinking any time you want to, even though you keep getting drunk when you don't mean to?
10. Have you missed days of work or school because of drinking?
11. Do you have "blackouts"?
12. Have you ever felt that your life would be better if you did not drink?
What's your score?
Did you answer YES four or more times? If so, you are probably in trouble with alcohol. Why do we say this? Because thousands of people in A.A. have said so for many years. They found out the truth about themselves the hard way.
But again, only you can decide whether you think A.A. is for you. Try to keep an open mind on the subject. If the answer is YES, we will be glad to show you how we stopped drinking ourselves.
How do we Contact the McKinney Miracle Group?
Please feel free to contact us, we will be happy to help!!
Are there other AA meetings in the area?
There are many meeting in the Dallas Metroplex.
For other meetings please click on Dallas AA Intergroup “Find a Meeting” page.